From: "Kevin Cully" <kcu...@cullytechnologies.com>
To: <profox@leafe.com>
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 1:08 PM
Subject: When is an administrator not an administrator?

Answer: Vista

I've got this new "hot" laptop, fully decked out.  Vista Home Premium.
Okay, I don't have to attach it to a domain so I don't need Ultimate or
anything.

I'm trying to get up and running with my development environment.  Vista
says that I'm the Administrator on the box, and there aren't any other
users configured {Opps!  WTF?!?  I wouldn't have set myself up as an
Administrator if I had known.}  But wait!  I'm trying to configure a
West-Wind application and it's having trouble running the Console.exe
magic which registers it.  It's saying that I'm NOT an administrator.

I'm about to poke my eyes out after a day of frustration when I decide
to Google instead: "How do I know if I'm an administrator on Vista?"

I found this tip to make the Administrator magically appear from
nowhere:http://tinyurl.com/2q56p3

Notice that when you "Run as administrator" there's no password
required.  Insanity.

VFP definitely runs slower on my new laptop than on my old XP Pro desktop.

I'm feeling dirty after running Vista, but I need it for day in and day
out VFP development.  Oh well.  Thought I'd share.

-Kevin
CULLY Technologies, LLC