KAM.covad wrote:
> Unfortunately I need one Crapsta computer to test with because clients are
> getting it. I will be very happy when people start
> buying Linux computers. I hope that 5-10 years from now we are not forced to
> do business with M$ anymore. It would be great to be
> able to tell clients that we don't support M$ crap.

You aren't forced to do business with Microsoft, and neither are your clients.
I've
bought a single Windows XP license in the past 7 years, and I've installed it
on my
virtual machine, mostly for testing my apps before deploying to Windows. I
suppose
I'll eventually need to purchase a Vista license to test-deploy there, too, but
I'm
certainly not forced to use Windows as my main system.

I only start the Windows VM when needed for testing or VFP work. I use
alternative
operating systems for everything else. I go weeks without starting the Windows
VM
sometimes.

If you really want your clients to get off of Windows, then stop deploying
Windows-only applications! Stop locking people in to a crappy platform!

Paul