On Feb 2, 2009, at 10:17 AM, Ed Leafe wrote:

>> Is this coming back into standard requirements, easy navigation from
>> the edit space?
>
>       I'm not a big fan of VCR controls, as it seems like a throwback to
> the local database world...

I know it seems old-fashioned to us, but I think users really like
it. It makes the data feel less nebulous and more under their
control. And, to reinforce your point, I do believe it is still
appropriate in some circumstances.

I know I have seen examples of implementing next/previous in a SQL
world. Maybe I'll do a little looking and try to implement it again,
as I think I have a case or two where it would improve a user's
experience.

Ken