From: Stephen Russell <srussell...@gmail.com>

Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:19:36
To: <profoxt...@leafe.com>
Subject: Re: SQLServer 2005 reading VFP v-7 tables (in .dbc)

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 11:11 AM,  <mrgmh...@rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> Greetings Friends!
>
> I need your help!  I am in Puerto Rico working on a situation with a client
> that has been causing problems for us for a while.  We have been importing
> VFP created .csv file records into a M$ SQL Server database with success
> overall, until a recent output change added a new field.  Most records will
> import, but within the first few doaen records, seemingly at random, the SQL
> Server import process will choke indicating a structural problem. Upon
> examination we have concluded there is no structural problem with the data.
> It "feels" like it is a SQL "goofism".
>
> Amyway, I proposed to get around that issue we try to use ODBC to connect to
> the VFP7 tables, which are contained in a .dbc.  The SQL Server 2005 tools
> include a Linked Servers feature, but I have not been able to get connected
> to any of the tables, much less to the .dbc itself.
>
> Have any of my esteemed associates (that's y'all) had anya experience with
> this kind of connectivity to VFP7 tables within SQL Server 2005?  I stand
> ready to receive your responses, and happy to have the help.
--------------------------------

This is a SSIS job or DTS in sql 2000.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL_Server_Integration_Services>

This is real simple to do in .NET for working with Sql2005.  Notice
that I said it is not in SQL SSMS.  Yes this got loaded when you
installed SQL2005 but you probably never went to the Business
Intelligence Development Studio.

There you can connect the dbf to SQL containers.  Set up any
conversions you need.

--
Stephen Russell
Sr. Production Systems Programmer