On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:43 AM, KAM.covad
<a_gmail_nos...@kenmcginnis.com> wrote:
> If you right click on a folder icon (that yellow thing) you can select a
> different icon. Is there a way to do that in VFP SP1?
>
> I would prefer to use Wscript.shell and/or the windows api if possible (not a
> 3rd party activeX

You don't need to go even that far, all you need is a Desktop.ini file
in the folder containing something like:
---- CUT HERE ----
[.ShellClassInfo]
IconFile=%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
IconIndex=217
---- CUT HERE ----

Note that Desktop.ini needs to have Hidden and System attributes set
(FCREATE() can do this), and IIRC older VFP versions would barf when
opening folders with such files.  No problems with VFP 9, though.

--
Dave Thayer
Denver, CO