Your app might be used by a single user, but the app can be effectively
multiuser with private datasessions and two instances of the same form or
different forms with the same data.

The Key and Modified will return a data conflict if the same record is
edited in two forms. What happens is each form the view is queried. One
query is has the changes committed. The second form tries to commit the
changes. If the key or any of the fields being modified in the second
instance are different than the table the view cannot be committed. If form
one changed the customer name field, and the second one changed the address
field the second view will get committed.

What you are seeing with the view being requeried is the buffer get a fresh
set of the data from the table. This lessens the chance of the conflicts. If
you changed the view to key only you implement a last one wins scenario.
Whoever saves the data last always has their information committed to the
table. This works for certain business situations.

This second form, is it using the default data session (which is the same as
the calling form) or is it a private data session? If it is private and it
opens the data and commits changes, it would effectively cause the problem
you are seeing provided the error you are getting is a data conflict - and
have not told us the results of this. We could be chasing our tail here.

Rick
White Light Computing, Inc.

www.whitelightcomputing.com
www.swfox.net