On 07/09/2009 01:52 PM, Stephen Russell wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Leland F. Jackson,
> CPA<lela...@mail.smvfp.com>  wrote:
>> I'm just listening to all the nonsense going around about
>> President Obama, and his administration, being a bad thing,
>> but it all seem to be baseless accusations, innuendo,
>> insinuation, rumor mongering, hearsay, conspiracy theories,
>> and outright fabrications/falsehoods, so I really have
>> nothing to defend in President Obama's handling of his
>> duties as President of the USA.
>
> -------------------------
>
> When did POTUS get the decision power over bankruptcy of companies?

Nobody makes a decision to go bankrupt, LOL, but some
companies are hell bent to get there no matter what.
President Obama, and his administration, were forced into
making a decision about whether to allow certain industrial
and financial companies, integral to the USA economy, to
fail or no as follows:

a)  Allow the companies to fail under normal bankruptcy laws
that liquidate assets and distribute proceed to creditor.

b)  Help the companies reorganize under chapter 11
bankruptcy to cut cost, and pay bills, etc.

c)  Help finance companies by providing the capital needed
to avoid bankruptcy altogether, allowing companies to
streamline operations, cut cost, and deliver products that
are the best value based on competitive pricing.

Regards,

LelandJ

> I am sorry that his agenda is getting ramrodded up our asses real
> fast.  When we need jobs why does the "green movement" get the only
> funding?  When Green is costly, it is self serving, and is only an
> asset withing semi urban centers.
>
> Why is solar power going to be positive this time around and if failed
> as soon as the money ran out in the 80s?
>
> Why should ethanol be the fule mix?
>
> I could go on but meeting in a few min.

Petroleum reserves are not evenly distributed around the
world.  Some countries have abundant reserve that allow them
to export petroleum.  The USA was once a leader in this
category, but the USA has for some time now needed to import
petrol, and the trend is the USA need to import more and
more petrol as time passes.  The world is approaching a
tipping point of peak oil, where supplies can no longer meet
demand and this trend will worsen over time.  This will
result in the price for petroleum being driven up and will
eventually result in a enormous transfer of wealth from the
USA to the countries that are exporters of petroleum.

Its time for the USA to change direction by turning to
alternatives to petrol to drive the country, and its
economy, into the future, so we have to have a change in
direction, if we are to remain a viable and independent
country.  It will be painful, but we are going to emphasize
solar, wind, nuclear, clean coal and other alternative to
petrol energy going forward.  There will be a loss of job in
the petrol industry, but it will be offset by new jobs
created in alternative energy industries like wind, solar, etc.