On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Dave Crozier<da...@flexipol.co.uk> wrote:
> Peter,
> Get yourself a set of WD Passport 200Gb drives and a copy of Syncback. That
> is what we use on a rotational fashion. The results are emailed wherever you
> want and Syncback uses shadowcopy so files that are open can still be
> copied. If you use the smartsync profile then only differences are copied
> over to the destination drive on a scheduled basis.

We have also been using WD Passport drives for a couple of years
without problems, but using NTBackup.  They get chucked about in my
rucksack, taken to the pub on Friday nights and so far none have gone
wrong.

I'm sticking with NTBackup for now until we retire the last 2003
server (NTBackup in 2008 sucks!) and then I'll probably use Syncback
as well.

We are a small office (8 people atm).  I wouldn't dream of doing this
for a medium - large office!

--
Paul