From: Gene Wirchenko
To: ProFox Email List
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [NF] for all of you who hated/loved Office 2007 2010 isout in
preview mode

At 12:09 2009-07-15, Stephen Russell <srussell...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Gene Wirchenko<ge...@ocis.net> wrote:
> > At 06:45 2009-07-15, Stephen Russell <srussell...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> >>It is amazing how the old farts of the world had the real hard time
> >>with this change but the rest of the world just got over it quickly
> >>and found it better and easier to ORGANIZE when working.
> >
> >      Think about the dynamics, and you might not find it so
> > amazing.  We old farts tend to use our systems more heavily.  We have
> > more invested in the way that was and are not too keen to throw it
> > away for supposed gains that might not exist.  Changes do not affect
> > everyone equally.  Some things that make things easier for some make
> > it tougher for others.  One reason for that is that others tend to be
> > the smaller group.  We old farts tend to be others.
>-------------------------------
>
>I would gather that you have a real hard time if you rent a car.

      Why would you think something that silly?

>Learning where the lights are located and how to work the sound system
>must be very taxing for you.

      I do rent cars.  Yes, there is an adaptation period.  I used to
get caught short at gas stations, because I would forget to check
which side the gascap was on.  I would not mind that being
standardised to one side.

      Fortunately, it is not much of a problem, because many of these
items are in the same place.  It is not as if I have to look very
hard for the steering wheel.  OTOH, if the steering control could be
just about anywhere and maybe not be a wheel but, for example, two
sticks (one to control each side), I would protest.

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko