From: profox-boun...@leafe.com [mailto:profox-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf
Of Rafael Copquin
Sent: 27 August 2009 17:17
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: [NF]Windows Vista Ultimate and FTP

I thought an update to this post was in order. The reason being that it was
a little difficult to install the Filezilla server at first, because I have
a Linksys router at home, with my kids', wife's and my computers all hooked
to it.

But a quick study of the help solved my problem.

Here's what I did:

I have a free fixed IP, from NO-IP.ORG

You install the client in any machine (I did that in both Vista and XP
machines)

Client setup
***********
Use the rapid connection at the top and enter the following:

Server: your no-ip name (in my case copquin.no-ip.org)
User: whatever user you set up in the Filezilla server
pswd: same as above
port: 14147

Server setup    (this is more complicated)
***********

find out what your computer IP is
open your router and enable ports 21 (default for ftp) and the range
5000-5100 and direct them to your computer ip
Start the Filezilla server
Under general settings - listen on port, just put 14147
Passive mode settings:
    use the following IP:  the name of your no-ip.org connection
    use custom port range: 5000-5100
    miscellaneous: check the last two options

Then you set up your users and assign specific directories and permissions.
I have one for clients, one for colleagues, one for friends and a general
one for myself, with access to all those directories.

It is fast and works all the time.
That's all there is to it.

You can use FireFTP from FireFox instead of the FileZilla client.

A special thanks to Dave Crozier for the tip.

Rafael Copquin