-----Original Message-----
From: profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com]
On Behalf Of Paul McNett
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 6:03 PM

Stephen Russell wrote:
> Keeping the file extention out of sight makes sense to me, you change
> it if you are capable.  Otherwise you would have over written one and
> screwed up the file, IMHO.  ;->

Hiding file extensions if fine in a save-as dialog for a specific app.
But it is totally frakking ridiculous when looking at files in Windows
*Explorer* or Terminal.
Same for hidden files/folders.

Especially when the app data goes into the app data directory, but users
can't find their own app data directory because it is frakking hidden.

Windows sucks the big one because it is a compendium of stupid idiotic
default settings such as these.

Paul