Oh, and then there's this, January 8, 2006:

<http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Jan/08/ln/FP601080334.html>

- - -
Duckworth knows that political pundits are focused on her. As a Democratic
candidate in a historically Republican district trying to win the House seat
being vacated by retiring Republican icon Henry Hyde, her 6th District race
is becoming a Democratic Party priority and a talking point among political
heavyweights.

"Very rarely have I met a more impressive person than Tammy Duckworth," said
Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., in an article the day before she announced her
candidacy Dec. 18. "She just has the poise and exudes the type of character
that I think would make her an astounding public servant."

Duckworth is happy to point out that she and Hawai'i-raised Punahou graduate
Obama have "a kama'aina connection."

Both were born outside the country - Obama in Indonesia, Duckworth in
Thailand - and graduated from high school in Honolulu - Punahou and
McKinley, respectively.
- - -

Hmmmm. Once upon a time suggesting Obama wasn't born in Hawaii was OK, even
in Hawaii.....

- Bob