Stephen Russell wrote:
> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Nicholas Geti <ng...@optonline.net> wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/2em2gae
>>
>> Congressmen are legally allowed to make money on insider trading.

> Do as I say not as I do.
>
> I can see how this would make their life harder today.  With so many
> different decisions about so many different things they could get
> caught up in proving that they were not aware of a topic in a meeting
> that they didn't attend.
>
> Not saying that they should be given a free run compared to the rest
> of us.  ;->

Hi Stephen,

Well, if they were to use the money for a nice public charity, even for
their own districts, that would be one thing. But I get the impression
from the article that it went straight into their own pockets.

We need a good homeless program around here. If that would fund it, I
don't have a problem with making the money for it off of short sales. It
is in a way in the national interest, since the whole country's homeless
come here during the winter so they don't *freeze*to*death*.

It was one of my campaign issues, but as I mentioned before, I finished
dead last - 71 votes behind some guy who had felony convictions.
--
Regards,

Pete
http://pete-theisen.com/