On 05/06/10 16:36, Alan Bourke wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 12:16 -0300, "Ricardo Aráoz"<ricar...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> That's *your* supposition, he is not an ambassador, period. Example to
>> kids?
>>
> Well, he visits schools representing the FIFA fair play campaign, no?

Fifa = business => FIFA campaign = business campaign = publicity campaign
Do you really believe in publicitary campaigns?

>> I think you are missing the 50's or even the 40's. But man, those times
>> are long gone. Even for rugby.
>>
> They are long gone indeed, in some ways this is a shame.

Yes and no. Different times, different needs and ways. In the 40's and
50's there was a lot more hypocrisy than today.

>> FIFA is not a sport, its business, tv audiences, sponsorship, etc. So
>> let's not state the obvious. Not vested at all.
>>

> FIFA need to get of their asses and introduce video refs because
> cheating by overpaid babies is ruining the game. I think Henry is
> basically a good guy and at least he owned up to it but he should have
> known better.

LOL
I don't have a clue whether he is a good guy or a bad guy. Nor do I
care. After all, he does not care about me.
I was just debating your weird notions about the game. Both parties know
the rules and they use them the best they can for their own purposes.
Maybe in one game you get away with it, in another you don't and your
adversary does. In the same game you make a goal with your hand and
another running 50 feet dodging 7 opponents. In both cases it's ability
and using the rules to your advantage.