Correct
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Madigan <mmadi10...@yahoo.com>
Sender: profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 15:49:17
To: <profoxt...@leafe.com>
Subject: [NF] Router and switch question

If I have a cable router with eight 10/100 megabit ports and I take one port
and I connect it to the uplink of a Gigabit switch.

Then off that gigabit switch I connect two workstations which both have gigabit
network cards.

The two workstations on the gigabit switch will be able to transfer data
between each other at gigabit speeds even though the router is 100 mbits and
they won't be able to transfer data to the rest of the network at gigabit
speeds.

Is this correct?

http://leafe.com/archives/byMID/profox/402854.9339...@web31406.mail.mud.yahoo.com

Report [OT] Abuse: