On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Lou Syracuse <l...@iconmediadirect.com> wrote:

> The management team is back today.   After reviewing several products and
> compiling several options on my own time over the weekend (was there a
> football game this weekend?  Oops, sorry; that's OT)

Oh, yeah, the thing before Glee?

> I broached the subject
> with the IT Director this morning.  I got through 2 sentences before he said
> "We'll set up a central location on the server to store your source code".

So, you do what he says. Set up a central location on the server to
store your source code.

In subversion or git.

> I asked "Do you not think we need some sort of source code system".   His
> response was "When we get big enough we'll look into it."

That "when" should likely be an "if"

Source code control is a necessity when the number of programmers
exceeds _zero_.

I use it on a daily basis to save the world from myself.

And it's worth every penny I didn't have to spend for it.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC