On 5/19/2011 10:37 PM, Fred Taylor wrote:
> Microsoft says not true.  Google "microsoft open source vb6"
> first link:
> http://reddevnews.com/articles/2011/05/19/microsoft-to-open-source-vb6.aspx
> <http://reddevnews.com/articles/2011/05/19/microsoft-to-open-source-vb6.aspx>
> Fred

So it's NOT true:

[Microsoft's Doug Seven, director of product management for Visual
Studio tools and languages, strongly denied a story reported here
earlier that Microsoft planned to open source VB 6.

"There's no more solid source than me. It's not true," he said.

The statement was in response to a story published earlier on this site
that said that the rumor of VB6 being opened source, first heard at
Tech-Ed then spread on Twitter, was confirmed by an independent source.

Our source has since retracted that statement. The original poster on
Twitter has also retracted his statement.

RDN apologizes for the error.]

--
Mike Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC