Thanks Marshall and Raul, and yes, of course the question assumed that
there /was/ a need for an object.

My guess is you'd get that asked a lot if people were arriving at J from OO
languages, I'd hate to be the one making the case that you don't always
need objects, even when I agree with that statement.