--On 7 décembre 2012 10:49:52 +0100 John-Philip BUTLER <jph.but...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

Ideally, I would want to be able to embed J code into other more
mainstream languages (python, Lisp, Ada...) at a reasonably low level of
granularity, more or less in the same way that inline assembler is
used.

Me too, although I am in a somewhat different situation.

I have plenty of algorithms in my work for which J would be just perfect. But I need to get the data into and out of J. I need to handle weird file formats and read/write parts of huge files. There are libraries that do the job very well in Python. There are also good libraries for pre- and postprocessing in Python, plus visualization. I'd like to reuse all of that and still write my own data analyis algorithms in J.

Konrad.