Problem summary: J-ODBC access to MySQL DB failing
Environment: Windows XP Pro SP 3(32bit) , Dell 1710 Core Duo, 2GB RAM,
32bit J602a/2008-03-03/16:45, Library 6.02.051, 32 bit MySQL 4.0.1

Overview:
1) Trying to use J & ODBC to read a MySQL DB (62 tables, 6000 records
in most populous table). This MySQL DB is a production database for a
small commercial application.
2) Created ODBC DSN for MySQL DB
3) Performed 3 successful 'control' tests; connected thru ODBC DSN to
MySQL DB & read tables using OpenOffice Base, MS Access 2003, & lastly
Python 2.7 + PyODBC; This implies (to me) the MySQL ODBC interface is
working properly.
4) Also executed J ODBC with J provided sample (MS Access)...worked as expected.
5) With the MySQL DB successfully used the J ODBC lab statements:
ch=:ddcon 'dsn=tablename' , dderr '' , ddtblx ch
5) A 'crash' occurs after execution of: 'tablename' ddcol ch . This
happens with all the tables I tried.
6) Windows XP displays the message: J has encountered a problem and
needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
7) The Error Signature is: AppName: j.exe AppVer: 6.0.2.0 ModName:
myodbc3.dll ModVer: 3.51.27.0 Offset: 000128a0

In other tests I avoided the expression: 'tablename' ddcol ch
Instead the following was executed with results reproduced here:
   sh =: 'select * from tablename' ddsel ch
   dderr ''

   ]dat =: ddfch sh,10
_1
   dderr ''
ISI10 Unable to bind all columns - more error info available (2)

This error appears for all except 6 of the 40 tables I tried.
These 6 tables work properly with the expression:  sh =: 'select *
from tablename' ddsel ch
I scanned the column definitions for all the tables looking for a
pattern to the failures / successes; didn't see any pattern.

Any suggestions on how to proceed are very welcome.

Thank you.

--Chris--