With regards to PATHSEP_j_ set by the J "system" the answer is that it
does not exist in J7.

With regards to PATHSEP set in the format/publish addon both Björn and
Bill are correct due to an anomaly in the release of the addon. Bill
is correct that PATHSEP is no longer defined in the trunk however
Björn is right that in the downloadable addon it is defined. In other
words the latest code isn't the same has the latest published version
on JAL. This appears to have happened as result of a release to J7 of
the addon which caused the package to be built. The release (in the
manifest) was then reverted - indicating that the package shouldn't be
available in J7 (i.e. not tested and confirmed to work). That
obviously doesn't delete the package that was built and the addon is
therefore still available for J7.