Depending on your usage I'm not sure that this will ensure future
compatibility? The default path separator for J7 is '/' for all OSs so
a OS test as below may give you incorrect results depending on
version.

The following verbs are available in both J6 and J7 and (depending on
your use case) may provide better future compatibility.

winpathsep - force path to default Windows path separator
jpathsep - force path to default path separator for OS/Jversion combo