On 28/5/2013 8:02 μμ, Tibor Simko wrote:

Depending on the Invenio version, the BibDoc objects have `more info'
property store that basically serve as a storage for any key-value
combination.  We use it e.g. to store technical metadata about pictures:
width, height, position on page.  It could be used to store per-docfile
license/copyright information.

Alternatively, in the past, there was also an approach to enrich BibDoc
independently with licensing information and then represent it in MARC
accordingly.  We did not commit this part, but we may perhaps revive it
with Jerome.
Licensing Information per docfile is a useful thing to have in Invenio. Having said that, using a seperate 'field' in bibdocfile -like comment or description- to keep it (although one possible way to do it) will probably require a lot of changes in several files.

Did you opt for some solution in the meantime?  It would be nice to
settle on a technique and offer it out-of-the-box with Invenio demo
submissions.  I think the former technique would be preferable.
I had to come up with a solution really quick with the invenio code that was available two months ago. So, i decided to add the license in bibdocfile's comment field in the form: "License:by-sa". For that, I'm using a heavily modified version of Upload_Files websubmit function. I have also written/edited relevant format templates/output formats to 'decode' this data and display the license images (currently only used for CC licenses and only if comment field begins with "license:") and link to the detailed license url. I'm attaching 3 small screenshots in case you want to take a sneak preview of the output result. The filenames are _really_ dummy (i'm now ashamed of them) and the general idea was to include the most peculiar example with a lot of attachments and file versions/file formats, etc. The only known drawback I'm having with my approach is that the the tab 'Files' does NOT show any Licensing information. I know this is important, BUT in order to implement it, I would have to make a lot of changes in several core Invenio functions (in definitions, return values etc) and I wanted to avoid that as much as possible, hoping that a more proper/complete solution would come at some point from you :)

Best regards,
Theodoros