Hello:

In the past four weeks, we've been gathering opinions on upgrading our
Trac-based ticketing and reviewing workflows.  A tentative summary of
prevailing opinion is the following:

| system        | single platform | presence | merging | reviewing | ticketing
| connectedness |
|---------------+-----------------+----------+---------+-----------+-----------+---------------|
| GitHub        | +++             | +++      | +++     | +++       | +
| +++           |
| Bitbucket     | +++             | ++       | +++     | +++       | ++
| ++            |
| GitHub + JIRA | +               | ++       | +++     | +++       | +++
| ++            |

For more information, see discussions at:

  http://invenio-software.org/wiki/Talk/TicketingMergingTools

The top candidate option is moving to GitHub and adapting existing
ticketing practices to its rather limited ticketing functionality.

The move will be an upgrade in all aspects except one: only persons with
repository push rights will be able to manipulate tickets, such as
assign labels, set priorities, etc.  This differs from what an
individual developer is able to do today.  We thought of addressing this
issue via social channels, by widening "ticket triage front-desk" and
direct roles of responsibles of major services.

We'd like to review the above assessment *live* at the Invenio Developer
Forum today and plan to decide upon the winner later on in the week.

If you have any further comments on this topic, please do express them
here and/or on the wiki and please connect to the forum today!

Best regards
--
Tibor Simko