Thanks all for your help. But there is alot going on here. Let me summarize...

1. When the .php->.php.html redirect was introduced a few days ago, my testing with FF (a GET) didn't work as something goofed-up the PHP $_REQUEST array. So two chaps on this list kindly suggested I introduce something like this to my code:

 // get the request query bits
 if (strpos($_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"], "?")) {
   $QueryString = explode("?", $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]);
   $QueryArray = explode("&", $QueryString[1]);
   foreach ($QueryArray as $QueryItem) {
     $QuerySegment = explode("=", $QueryItem, 2);
     $_GET[$QuerySegment[0]] = urldecode($QuerySegment[1]);
   }
 }

I would then get my input parameters via the $_GET array rather than the $_REQUEST array. When I implemented this, my testing through the redirect with FF worked. I could also point FF at the .php/html file directly and get the expected result.

2. My addon is coded to use a POST rather than a GET (not sure why I did this) via XmlHttpRequest. Of course, I finally figured out that when a POST comes in, the code introduced above doesn't do anything meaningful and so getting my parameters from the $_GET didn't work. After realizing this, I have placed the above code and the getting of my parameter data inside a conditional:

if(strcmp($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'], "GET") == 0)
{
 // get the request query bits
 if (strpos($_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"], "?")) {
   $QueryString = explode("?", $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]);
   $QueryArray = explode("&", $QueryString[1]);
   foreach ($QueryArray as $QueryItem) {
     $QuerySegment = explode("=", $QueryItem, 2);
     $_GET[$QuerySegment[0]] = urldecode($QuerySegment[1]);
   }
 }

 // get input parameters
 $DEBUG_ENABLED = $_GET["test"];
 $EMAIL_ADDRESS = $_GET["emailAddress"];
 $THUNDERPLUNGER_ID = $_GET["accessKey"];
}
else
{
 $DEBUG_ENABLED = $_REQUEST["test"];
 $EMAIL_ADDRESS = $_REQUEST["emailAddress"];
 $THUNDERPLUNGER_ID = $_REQUEST["accessKey"];
}

So now, if the invocation is via GET or POST, the parameters should be populated.

3. If I test the above with a GET via FF of either the .php (redirected) or the .php.html (directly) I get the expected results. But the addon is the only way I have right now to test POST'ing rather than GET'ing. I fully expected that my addon's POST to the .php.html (directly) would work just fine. And it does. However, if I have the addon POST to the .php (as it has all along until the recent past), the code does not perform as expected. It seems that the POST'ed data does not make it through the redirection. I cannot be sure why.

4. So it seems that I have two choices: (a) change my code to GET rather than POST or (b) users can change the addon's options so the addon will post to the .php.html (directly) instead of the .php (redirect). The former requires an addon update for all users while the latter requires that all users somehow figure out that something is wrong and either email me or go to the addon's website where I have posted information about all this. I like the former because it requires no active participation from my users save installing the updated addon (which they should find out about automatically). But the addon update will have to sit for who knows how long before it gets approved.

Thanks for everyone's help. This is just a less than great situation for all, I guess.

David

Jesper Staun Hansen wrote:
well, yes
http://thunderplunger.mozdev.org/validateEmail.php