Pete,

I just copied what I had put into the .php.html file in order to get things working with the redirect and all. Now both GET and POST to the .php URL seem to work.

I don't know why this is needed if all is essentially back to the way it was originally. Before all this began, both GET and POST worked as expected.

I am thinking that somewhere, there is still redirection going on for the GET so this code introduced into the .php.html:

if(strcmp($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'], "GET") == 0)
{
  // get the request query bits
  if (strpos($_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"], "?")) {
    $QueryString = explode("?", $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]);
    $QueryArray = explode("&", $QueryString[1]);
    foreach ($QueryArray as $QueryItem) {
      $QuerySegment = explode("=", $QueryItem, 2);
      $_GET[$QuerySegment[0]] = urldecode($QuerySegment[1]);
    }
  }

  // get input parameters
  $DEBUG_ENABLED = $_GET["test"];
  $EMAIL_ADDRESS = $_GET["emailAddress"];
  $THUNDERPLUNGER_ID = $_GET["accessKey"];
}
else
{
  $DEBUG_ENABLED = $_REQUEST["test"];
  $EMAIL_ADDRESS = $_REQUEST["emailAddress"];
  $THUNDERPLUNGER_ID = $_REQUEST["accessKey"];
}

in place of the simpler:

$DEBUG_ENABLED = $_REQUEST["test"];
$EMAIL_ADDRESS = $_REQUEST["emailAddress"];
$THUNDERPLUNGER_ID = $_REQUEST["accessKey"];

Is still needed. I have no idea why or if this is what you intend.

But if things are going to stay this way, I can leave my addon as it was and can remove the update I created yesterday. Please advise.

Thanks for all your time and effort in all of this.

David

>Thanks Pete,
>
>If I change my ThunderPlunger addon's code back to POST instead of GET,
>the .php seems to work. However, a GET to the .php fails for some
>reason. Before all of this, the GET did work for debugging using FF as
>long as the test=1 query parameter was included. Now this isn't >working.
>
>The one other thing I did do in all of this was also suggested by a >chap on the list. I added the following to my project's local.conf >file:
>
>if(strstr($_SERVER['SCRIPT_URL'], 'validateEmail.php.html'))
> $local_conf_serve_as_is = ON;
>
>I don't see why that should impact anything on the .php URL. Any
>suggestions?
>
>Thanks, David

Pete Collins wrote:
 I think I have this fixed.

Can you give it a spin?

Running the javascript POST test code I got an error saying that the email address was not valid.

So, I think it is working.

Thanks

--pete