On Wednesday, January 22, 2014, Charles-H. Schulz <
charles.sch...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> ... if anything, we should do
> ten times more marketing, and less facts. We are getting bored to hell
> with facts. People don't care about facts; they want something fun they
> can use and understand as fast as possible. They also want to be part
> of something, like a community, and they want meaning. Facts in place
> of marketing could kill Free Software, I could swear it.

Perhaps so, but IMO the vast majority of our users and potential users have
no interest in "community" or "meaning" or even "fun" -- they just want a
great product that does what they want or need to do, and therefore they
want facts.

Obviously we see the world of software quite differently. (This may well be
a generational thing, at least partly.) Your emphasis is on the production
side; my interest and emphasis is on the consumption (user) side.

--Jean