2014/1/21 Charles-H. Schulz <charles.sch...@documentfoundation.org>:
>> 1) Screenshots, screenshots, screenshots!
>>
>> Immediately when somebody visits libreoffice.org to find out about
>> LibreOffice, they whould be presented with screenshots. In the
>> carousel the first image should include screenshots so that people get
>> a sense about what it would look like if they ran LibreOffice. When
>> features are presented and explained, they should have screenshots to
>> visualize the description.
>
> No. And by the way, have you checked out the website for Microsoft
> Office or Mozilla? Because there are either no screenshots, or they are
> stuck somewhere in a back menu.

We'll lots of other examples like Skype, Photoshop, VLC and Blender
have screenshots on either directly on front page or on a prominent
Features or About page.

[...]
>> 3) More facts, less marketing
>>
>> For example the main page has a paragraph "LibreOffice comes with a
>> host of new features for its users as well as several important
>> changes and improvements under the hood." It looks very good and I
>> agree with the content, but in my experience people don't respond well
>> to this kind of argumentation even in a marketing context. Rather
>> mention a few features and deliver some facts of what LibreOffice
>> actually does. I know, writing short and good text is difficult..
>

> This portion can of course be changed. But if anything, we should do
> ten times more marketing, and less facts. We are getting bored to hell
> with facts. People don't care about facts; they want something fun they
> can use and understand as fast as possible. They also want to be part
> of something, like a community, and they want meaning. Facts in place
> of marketing could kill Free Software, I could swear it.

Ok, maybe the term "less marketing" was a bad choice of words. I mean
less fluff and more fact-based and convincing marketing. A very good
example is http://www.blender.org/features/ which displays screenshots
and facts (written with good marketing point of view). If MS Office
users would read a similar page about LibreOffice they'd realize it is
actully very feature full and the UI looks familiar and easy to use.

- Otto