Betul-betul bak buah simalakamo: membantu oposisi yang diantaranya ada yagn
biadabnya begitu mengerikan tidak menjamin Siria akan menjadi demokratik dan
hak-hak azasi mansuia akan terjamin, kalau oposisi tidak dibantu maka Assad
akan terus membunuhi dan menindas rakyatnya...

Masaalahnya: ajaran Islam itu adalah malapetaka untuk ummat manusia,a rtinya
juga untuk orang Islam sendiri.

U.S. President Barack Obama and PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey walk into the
White House Rose Garden, May 16, 2013.
Obama, Turkish prime minister discuss how to end civil war in Syria

By Joe Sterling, CNN
May 16, 2013 -- Updated 2352 GMT (0752 HKT)
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
        * President Barack Obama, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan talk to
the media in Washington
        * The unrest in Syria has persisted for more than two years, despite
diplomatic efforts
        * Opposition group says fighting killed at least 63 people Thursday
        * Obama says the Geneva initiative looks promising
(CNN) -- The leaders of Turkey and the United States are huddling in Washington
on Thursday over how to handle the Syrian
civil war, the raging conflict that has left an estimated 80,000 people
dead and a few million displaced -- despite more than two years of
diplomacy to halt the bloodshed.
President Barack Obama
and Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, meeting in Washington,
discussed how to strengthen the Syrian opposition, help the many people
displaced by the war, and mobilize the international community to put
more pressure on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and forge a political
transition.
They spoke as the warfare in Syria raged Thursday. The opposition Local
Coordination Committees
in Syria said at least 63 people were killed, including 45 in Damascus
and its suburbs.
"We're going to keep
increasing the pressure on the Assad regime, and working with the Syrian
opposition," Obama said. "The prime minister has been on the forefront
of the international effort to push for a transition to a democratic
Syria without Bashar Assad. And Turkey is going to play an important
role as we bring representatives of the regime and opposition together
in the coming weeks."
Assad's forces gaining momentum in Syria
Atrocities in Syria
Syria-Turkey border tensions flare
Syrian refugees stuck in limbo
Obama said he and Erdogan agree that al-Assad needs to transfer power.
"That is the only way
we're going to resolve this crisis. And we're going to keep working for a Syria
that is free from Assad's tyranny, that is intact and inclusive
of all ethnic and religious groups, and that's a source of stability,
not extremism, because it's in the profound interest of all our nations,
especially Turkey."
Turkey has been a major
player in the effort to push for change in Syria, which sits on its
southern border. At one time, Erdogan and al-Assad had close ties, but
the war has made them antagonists. Turkey has long harbored many Syrian
refugees and hosted opposition entities.
"I've made it clear again today that the United States is going to keep on
helping countries in
the region, including Turkey, shoulder this burden, doing our part as a
major donor of humanitarian aid to the Syrian people, including those
refugees in Turkey. And we're going to keep working with our Turkish
partners to deliver the food, shelter and medicine that's needed to save lives."
Erdogan said ending the
war and meeting the people's demands for a new government "are two areas where
we are in full agreement with the United States. Supporting the
opposition and Assad leaving are important issues. "
"We also agree that we
have to prevent Syria from becoming an area for terrorist organizations. We
also agreed that chemical weapons should not be used and all
minorities and their rights should be secured. These are all priority
areas for all of us," he said.
Obama said that solid evidence of chemical weaponry would constitute a red line
in the conflict and produce major consequences.
"I've said in the past,
we have seen evidence of the use of chemical weapons inside of Syria. It is
important for us to make sure that we're able to get more specific
information about what exactly is happening there," he said.
"But separate and apart
from the chemical weapons, we know that tens of thousands of people are
being killed with artillery and mortars and that the humanitarian crisis and
the slaughter that's taking place by itself is sufficient to prompt strong
international action."
He cited a "whole range
of options that the United States is already engaged in" and said he
preserved "the options of taking additional steps, both diplomatic and
military, because those chemical weapons inside of Syria also threaten
our security over the long term as well as our allies and friends and
neighbors."
Possible solutions to Syria war
Difficulty of proving chemical weapons
Syria's internally displaced
"This is also an
international problem, and it's very much my hope to continue to work
with all the various parties involved, including Turkey, to find a
solution that brings peace to Syria, stabilizes the region, stabilizes
those chemical weapons, but it's not gonna be something that the United
States does by itself, and I don't think anybody in the region,
including the prime minister, would think that U.S. unilateral actions
in and of themselves would bring about a better outcome inside -- inside of
Syria."
Diplomatic moves
On Wednesday, the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution calling
for a political transition in Syria.
The resolution, which
passed by a 107-12 vote, with 59 abstentions, also condemned the
government's increased use of heavy weapons and ongoing "widespread and
systematic gross violations of human rights and fundamental freedoms,"
said a U.N. statement.
It was the fifth resolution on Syria voted by the body since 2011.
"If we are unable to do
anything to stop this tragedy, then how can we sustain the moral
credibility of this organization?" Assembly President Vuk Jeremic said
before the vote, according to the statement.
Meanwhile, in Sweden,
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey
Lavrov discussed the revival of a peace initiative based on last year's
Geneva conference.
That conference, brokered by Russia and the United States, outlined how a
transitional government could be formed in Syria.
"I think it's fair to
say that both of us are confident about the direction that we're moving
in and very, very hopeful that within a short period of time, the pieces will
have come together fully so that the world, hopefully, will have
an opportunity to be given an alternative to the violence and
destruction that is taking place in Syria at this moment," Kerry said.
Lavrov cited the Russian-American proposal to convene a conference to start
implementing the Geneva communique last June.
"It's self-explanatory,
and what we need now is to mobilize support for this initiative on the
basis of what was, I believe, in Geneva and what was proposed by
Washington and Moscow: to mobilize support, first of all, by all the
Syrian groups, the regime and all opposition groups; and second, by
those outside actors who have influence on either one or the other
Syrian group," Lavrov said.
Obama and Erdogan addressed the Geneva initiative.
"I do think that the
prospect of talks in Geneva involving the Russians and representatives
about a serious political transition that all parties can buy into may
yield results," Obama said.
Erdogan said that "we
will continue to explore what we can do together, what we can consider
as part of a road map looking at Geneva and beyond."