Islam itu sungguh barbar...

Mengerikan.

Pakistani Taliban claims shooting foreigners

Armed group says attack at base camp of mountain Nanga Parbat, which killed 10,
meant to avenge US drone strikes.
Last Modified: 23 Jun 2013 10:00

The attack took place at a base camp of the Nanga Parbat, one of the highest
mountains in the world [AFP]
Pakistan's umbrella Taliban movement claimed
responsibility for killing nine foreign climbers in the Himalayas,
saying it had created a new wing to attack foreigners to avenge US drone
strikes.
Gunmen had stormed a base camp on Saturday night in a remote part of
northern Pakistan and killed nine tourists and one Pakistani guide who
were part of a Nanga Parbat mountaineering expedition, police officials
said.
Spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan telephoned the AFP news agency to say that the
killings were intended to avenge the death of the second in command of the
umbrella Tehreek-e-Taliban (TTP) in a US drone strike late last
month.
"We did it and we claim responsibility for this attack," Ehsan said in the call
from an undisclosed location.
"One of our factions, Junood ul-Hifsa, did it. It is to avenge the killing of
Maulvi Wali ur-Rehman," he said.
"We want to convey to the world that this is our reply to US drone attacks," he
added.
Rehman died on May 29 in a US drone attack on a house in North
Waziristan, the most notorious Taliban and al-Qaeda stronghold in
Pakistan on the Afghan border.

Ehsan told AFP that Junood
ul-Hifsa was a new wing set up by the Taliban "to attack foreigners and
convey a message to the world against drone strikes".
Remote area
Ali Sher, a senior police officer in the northern Gilgit-Baltistan
province, told the Reuters news agency that the gunmen fled after the
attack, which took place at about 1 a.m. local time on Sunday, Sher
said.
Reuters said five Ukrainians, three Chinese a Russian and their guide were
killed in the attack.
A senior government official said a large number of security personnel had been
sent to the area.
Al Jazeera's Kamal Hyder, reporting from Islamabad, said that the
attack took place at a base camp, 4000 metres above sea level, for the
western face of the Nanga Parbat, one of the highest mountains in the
world.
He said this is the first attack against foreigners in that region
and the remoteness of the area made retrieval of bodies possible only by
helicopter.
Hyder said that this incident puts Pakistan in a difficult situation
as the country is planning to host other mountaineering expeditions this year.
Gilgit-Baltistan, which borders China and Kashmir, had
been considered one of the more secure areas of Pakistan but
has witnessed a spate of attacks by armed groups targeting members
of Pakistan's Shia minority in recent years.

Source:
Al Jazeera and agencies

Hide Comments