Saya fwd kutipan dari artikel tentang buku Lüling...

    Kita tidak bisa begitu saja berkata bahwa tulisan Lüling atau
    Luxenberg itu kudu ditolak mentah-mentah....

    Dan ah, saya teringat akan sebuah kutipan dari Snouck
    Hurgrogne yang berbunyi:

    "In our skeptical times there is little that is above criticism,
    and one day or other we may expect to hear that Muhammad never
    existed...

=========

06-26-20040 Germany (Qantara)

On Christian Strophes in the Koran. "In contrast to the new
Anglo-Saxon school of Koran research (Wansbrough revisionism), which
is working on versions of the holy book from two hundred years after
the death of the Prophet Mohammad (632 A.D.), Lüling believes that
essential parts of the Koran existed already before the arrival of the
Prophet – i.e. in the form of Christian hymns and strophic poems. This
is his main thesis, which he understands as a "reconstruction" of the
"Ur-Koran". If Lüling is right, then much of what Muslims hold to be
true would have to be thrown overboard, namely that the Koran as it
appears today was revealed in toto to the Prophet and was compiled as
a largely reliable text by Caliph Uthman, who ruled between 644 and
656."

http://us.click.yahoo.com/gi.u7A/fOaOAA/Zx0JAA/uTGrlB/TM