Refl: Di NKRI Ahmadiayah dihajar, mesjid mereka dihancurkan sama halnya dengan
rumah ibadah kaum Nasrani. Bagi kaum Nasrani dipakai alasan tidak ada izin
pemerintah (surat tiga menteri) dan penduduk setempat tidak setuju, lantas
dilempar batu dan dibakar.

Masalahnya tidak berbeda bagi kaum Shia di Bahrain. Sudah kurang lebih 30
mesjid kaum Shia dihancurkan dan diratakan dengan tanah dan sapuh bersih.
Salah satu alasan mesjid-mesjid Shia dirusak dan dihancurkan ialah
mesjid-mesjid ini dibangun tanpa izin pemerintah. Sekalipun mesjid-mesjid  kaum
Shia ini sudah berdiri puluhan tahun tidak ada ampun. Alasan pemerintah Bahrain
 ini mungkin sekali diambil contoh dari NKRI  yaitu harus ada surat keputusan
tiga menteri.  Agak ide "surat tiga menteri" [termasuk dukungan Depag bersama
MUI dan pasukan lapangan FPI, MMI etc] bila dipatentkan dan dijadikan bahan
export penting yang dapat mendatangkan banyak fulus bagi Depag.

Untuk melihat lebih lanjut reportage dari Bahrain, click situs dibawah ini :

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/05/2011514104251715508.html

'Mass sackings' in Bahrain crackdown

Part four in our exclusive series on Bahrain examines claims that a government
crackdown has moved into the workplace.
Last Modified: 14 May 2011 12:02

More than 2,000 private sector employees, most of them Shia, have either been
sacked or suspended in an expanding Bahraini crackdown on anti-government
protests, an Al Jazeera investigation has found.

The General Federation of Bahrain's Trade Unions puts the figure of those who
have been fired at 1,300, with Bahraini rights groups reporting that hundreds
more have been suspended from their government jobs.

The International Labour Organisation says that the number of people dismissed
or suspended currently stands at over 2,000.

Al Jazeera spoke to a number of people who had been fired in recent weeks. They
spoke on condition of anonymity, fearing government reprisals.

One man said that lawyers asked him questions related to anti-government
protests the day he was fired.

"He kept asking if I went to the Pearl Roundabout, if I went to the protests.
If I met any of the opposition leaders. If I was a member of any political
societies. If I made donations to the protesters. These questions were repeated
again and again," he said.

Turning point

The turning point for this side of the crackdown came when labour unions called
a general strike on March 13. Under Bahraini law, companies are within their
rights to terminate the employment of staff members who miss days of work above
and beyond a specified period of unexcused leave.

Another man who lost his job told Al Jazeera that he was struggling to support
his family. He said that the mass dismissals were completely unexpected.

"We have never faced this before. We have no idea how to deal with it. We are
waiting for news from the company. Will they let us back? Will i be
compensated?" he asked.

      Click here for more of Al Jazeera's special coverage
"It's the only job I know and I loved it."

The International Labour Organisation has appealed to the Bahraini government
to ensure that workers are not subjected to "unfair, unjust and degrading"
treatment.

In a statement released on April 5, 2011, Juan Somavia, the director-general of
the ILO's international labour office, said that he had conveyed "grave
concern" to the Bahraini prime minister in an earlier missive.

"In the wake of the recent wave of peaceful demonstrations which were met by
the Bahraini authorities with excessive use of force and the declaration of a
state of emergency, the ILO has received further information about dismissals
of GFBTU activists and other repressive measures that effectively undermine its
capacity to exercise its legitimate trade union functions," the statement read.

The ILO said that mass dismissals had been reported from the Bahrain Petroleum
Company (including the president of that company's trade union), the Alba
Aluminium Company, the Khalifa Sea Port and Gulf Air. It said that employees
and trade union activists were facing dismissal and legal prosecution for
encouraging workers to take part in the general strike.

The American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations
(AFL-CIO), the largest trade union group in the US, has also urged Washington
to suspend a free trade pact with Bahrain over alleged human rights abuses
committed since the crackdown on protests began.

Contradictory discourses

Speaking to Al Jazeera, Guy Ryder, the deputy director-general of the ILO, said
that there were two contradictory discourses at play.

"The discourse of the government is that it has had, in fact, no role
whatsoever in the dismissal of workers. That dismissals have taken place by
decision of companies and in accordance with labour legislation prevailing in
Bahrain. So the government has very much a hands-off discourse on this matter.

"That version is contradicted by the trade unions in Bahrain, who say that
employers, in fact, have been subjected to political pressure to dismiss people
who the government perceives as having been active in the ... protest
movement," he said.

The Bahraini economy, meanwhile, continues to reel from both the earlier mass
protests, and now mass dismissals of employees. Analysts say the sackings do
not inspire confidence in the business community.

In March, foreign assets in the country's offshore banking sector fell 10 per
cent, hitting their lowest levels since 2005.

The Bahraini government insists it has only punished those who committed
criminal acts during the protests, and denies there is a sectarian angle to the
issue.

Analysts are not so sure, however.

"I do believe this is a political decision done by the authorities, rather than
decisions done by the companies or establishments," said Sayed Hadi, a former
member of parliament and a trade union chairman.

The ILO's Ryder pointed out that Bahrain, in comparison to other countries in
the region, has had a much freer labour law regime, and that this offers hope
for workers who have been dismissed.

      The ILO's Guy Ryder speaks to Al Jazeera about
      the mass dismissals in Bahrain
"It's worth recalling that Bahrain has stood out over the last decade or so as
perhaps the best example of progressive policies towards labour in the Gulf
region. Bahrain stands out as a country with an independent trade union
movement, and that is not generally the case in the region," he said.

"It's existed since 2002, so there's a tradition of labour activism in the
country, and one of the encouraging ... messages that we got from the
government in our conversations with them is that despite the events of recent
weeks, the government's clear intention is to proceed with the reform agenda,
and that trade unions will be a part of the future of the country.

"The ILO is doing whatever it can with the government and also with the other
social partners to try to find a way forward so that people can return to their
jobs. The government recently announced... the establishment of a joint
committee, headed by the minister of labour, with whom we've been talking, to
review all dismissals."

The results of that review process are due in the next few days, the government
says.

In the meantime, dismissed workers say they face crushing uncertainty about
their future.

"It's difficult to find another job if you have been sacked at this time. We
cannot plan. I'm worried about my kids and the future," one such worker told Al
Jazeera.