On 27/05/2020 00:51, Bjoern Rabenstein wrote:

Yes that joins what I said just before. However it might be difficult
to give one person so much "power".
At least the "parliament" (i.e. prometheus-team) could just elect
another chair if the current one goes wild.

In a lot of organisations with chair based systems which work well the opposite is often true.

The chair is there to facilitate the debate and therefore doesn't express their own opinion. As a result, if the judgement call has to be made (such as calling rough consensus) their is trust from all sides that it is a reasonable decision not just following their personal belief.

(I've also seen and had similar advice for face-to-face meetings - it works best if the chair/facilitator is not one of the active participants)

--
Stuart Clark