On 26 May 23:08, Julius Volz wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 10:57 PM Julien Pivotto <roidelapl...@prometheus.io>
> wrote:
>
> > On 26 May 22:55, Julius Volz wrote:

> > the
> > would

> > team
> > > >

> > > If we don't want to go totally against someone's strong opposing vote,
> > then
> > > I think we could just leave the governance as it is. I thought the point
> > > was to make it possible to go against someone's strong opposing vote,
> > just
> > > as long as it's considered. And if they are still against something, they
> > > can still call for a vote, but now that burden would be on the minority
> > > blocker party.
> >

> > Yes that is what I think too. Note that rough consensus means that
> > sometimes the minority wins too.
> >

> Even if there's already an outspoken (relative) majority against that
> minority? How would that be rough consensus then?

Rough consensus is NOT about being PRO's or CON's. It is about raisin
issues that must be considered.

Ideally we reach an agreement of everyone. That should be the majority.
But if someone says no, we must take their arguments into consideration
and resolve the issue. When it is addressed/considered, either everyone
agrees or the chair can then call a 'rough' consensus.

7.  Five people for and one hundred people against might still be rough
    consensus
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7282

--
Julien Pivotto