On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 11:31 PM Julien Pivotto <roidelapl...@prometheus.io>
wrote:

> On 02 Jun 23:26, Tobias Schmidt wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 11:20 PM Julien Pivotto <
> roidelapl...@prometheus.io>
> > wrote:

> include
> > > write

> not

> where
> pain
> > > in
> actively
> concerned if

> > > Do we have consensus on:
> > >
> > > - A new public repository in the Prometheus organisation
> > > - That repository will contain go code that will be used by Prometheus,
> > >   PGW, AM and Official exporters (including but not limited to tls)
> > > - That repository will follow go semver and be public, therefore
> > >   be reusable by unofficial exporters too
> > >
> > > Should we name it:
> > > - github.com/prometheus/exporter
> > > - github.com/prometheus/toolkit
> >

> >  What is the scope of a prometheus/toolkit repo in contrast to the
> existing
> > prometheus/common repo which already includes go pkgs used in other
> > projects? We also already have prometheus/promu "Prometheus Utility
> Tool".
> >
> > Would it be an option to just put the new package in prometheus/common?
>
> Common is internal code that is generally not intend to share or support
> to the outside world (with the exception of expfmt).

Thanks for the info and apologies for the noise. Now I also found Björn's
paragraph on this matter. I wouldn't immediately understand the scope of a
toolkit repo next to the existing common and promu ones.

I'd vote to make the "exporter" part clear in the name, but then repo
itself is not an actual exporter. Maybe prometheus/exporter-toolkit?