On 20/02/2021 15:08, Gajendra D Ambi wrote:
Hi Team,
Yes we do have a IPAM available. When we run prometheus node exporter agent it starts showing up metrics at ip/metrics. I was hoping for a way to give a range of ip addresses to prometheus, rather than adding them each as a static target. What would be the best way for us then! with 100s of baremetal servers, Also these baremetals are managed by openstack, I do see openstack auto discovery but will it also discover bare metal servers managed by openstack or just the VM instances? because prometheus wasn't explicit on that part in the documentation. If you could clarify in here or documentation then it would be awesome.

The OpenStack SD can do both - https://prometheus.io/docs/prometheus/latest/configuration/configuration/#openstack_sd_config - It has support for both hypervisor and instance for all Nova servers.

You can use the File SD (https://prometheus.io/docs/prometheus/latest/configuration/configuration/#file_sd_config) in conjunction with your IPAM to manage scrape configs too. A common method is to run a regular scheduled job to interrogate the IPAM for new, changed or removed devices and then produce JSON or YAML files for your jobs - depending on the level of information you could produce lists for the SNMP exporter (e.g. network equipment), node exporter (Unix servers), MySQL exporter (and other databases), IPMI exporter, etc.

--
Stuart Clark