Hello everyone,

With the release of Prometheus v2.32.0 agent is finally out of beta,
Prometheus-Operator wants to provide support for it as well[1]. So we'd
like to ask what does moving out of beta actually means :)

The next release of Prometheus-Operator will make it possible to in Agent
mode using the Prometheus CRD, however, it does require the user to
override flags that are hard-coded ("storage.tsdb.path" and
"storage.tsdb.retention")[2][3]. This kind of manual override[4] goes
against what we recommend our users to do, but unfortunately, it is the
only way to run Prometheus in Agent mode with Prometheus-Operator at the
moment.

Do you think that AgentOnly and ServerOnly flags are likely to change in a
near future? If not, then I think we're good to go to improve the UX around
Agent mode in Prometheus-Operator :)

[1] https://github.com/prometheus-operator/prometheus-operator/issues/3989
[2]
https://github.com/prometheus-operator/prometheus-operator/blob/787f54b055f797464d5832ace1c7f8318321c87a/pkg/prometheus/statefulset.go#L360