Hi

The idea is to integrate kube-rbac-proxy to add an extra (and optional)
security feature in a new exporter, so the final user can rely on RBAC to
assure that only Prometheus can scrape its metrics. This is something you
get when you install Prometheus in K8s using the official helm chart - only
Prometheus can scrape the Prometheus metrics exposed by the K8s internals.
The idea is to have something similar but for any exporter.

Any developer can integrate it in its exporter (as shown here
https://www.brancz.com/2018/02/27/using-kube-rbac-proxy-to-secure-kubernetes-workloads),
but someone pointed out on Mastodon that we could also integrate in in the
exporter toolkit so it's even easier.

Thanks!

[image: image.png]
(https://mastodon.social/@mrueg/109315967734903276)