Matheus,

Late reply... Have you done any work/testing? My initial tests show
improvements but at the cost of the creation of substantial threads.

---

I tested multi-threading this code...

https://github.com/prometheus/jmx_exporter/blob/74d23d77cd2404c8cb59720f983b836400b8c43e/collector/src/main/java/io/prometheus/jmx/JmxScraper.java#L116-L120

results...

MBean processing threads = 1

- jmx_scrape_duration_seconds 18.950623706

MBean processing threads = 10

- jmx_scrape_duration_seconds 14.159571088 (25.28% decrease in scrape time)

MBean processing threads = 100

- jmx_scrape_duration_seconds 12.424207296 (34.44% decrease in scrape time)

---

Given that there is a default of 5 threads in the exporter, using 100 MBean
processing threads would result in a potential for 500 threads to be
created by the exporter alone! (not good.)