That's how is usually done in my company (and I suspect that's very
prevalent but *wrong* in the end, if I understand that link correctly). In
my company, at team level we have a lot of metrics scraped into a single
prometheus. Then, at company level we just "replicate" everything with the
corresponding team label.

The *official* recommendation would be to create aggregation rules in the
"team" prometheus, and federate that from the "company" prometheus, right?