I can get the response inside the pod by using DNS name

[root@ansible-node prometheus-operator-qa-lab-final]# kubectl exec -it
alertmanager-prometheus-operator-alertmanager-0 alertmanager -n
ns-prometheus-lab -- sh
Defaulting container name to alertmanager.
Use 'kubectl describe pod/alertmanager-prometheus-operator-alertmanager-0
-n ns-prometheus-lab' to see all of the containers in this pod.
/alertmanager $ nslookup 10.233.110.73
Server:         169.254.25.10
Address:        169.254.25.10:53

73.110.233.10.in-addr.arpa      name =
alertmanager-prometheus-operator-alertmanager-0.alertmanager-operated.ns-prometheus-lab.svc.cluster.local

/alertmanager $ nslookup 10.233.103.120
Server:         169.254.25.10
Address:        169.254.25.10:53

120.103.233.10.in-addr.arpa     name =
alertmanager-prometheus-operator-alertmanager-1.alertmanager-operated.ns-prometheus-lab.svc.cluster.local

/alertmanager $ nslookup 10.233.110.72
Server:         169.254.25.10
Address:        169.254.25.10:53

72.110.233.10.in-addr.arpa      name =
10-233-110-72.prometheus-operator-alertmanager.ns-prometheus-lab.svc.cluster.local

/alertmanager $