Hi,

I am trying out node-exporter in Docker, and I would like to acquire the
node_network_receive_bytes_total of my host machine. Right now,
node_network_receive_bytes_total is possibly referring to the virtual eth0
of the containerized node-exporter and not the actual host machine itself.
I have tried wget on the host, and node_network_receive_bytes_total does
not move at all. But when I tried wget in the containerized node-exporter,
node_network_receive_bytes_total increases with respect to the amount of
incoming bytes.

Right now, for convenient-sake, I am using Docker-Compose which contains
Prometheus, Grafana, Node-Exporter, etc. and deploy everything in one go.
In this case, is it possible to instruct node-exporter to refer to the host
machine? Or make it so node-exporter is deployed on the host and not in the
container while still using Docker-compose?

Thank you