Hi Damian,

On Sat, 18 Feb 2023 at 17:16, Damian Minkov <damen...@damencho.com> wrote:
> I was able to repro the same with 0.12 nightly (ii  prosody-0.12
> 1nightly194-1~focal).

Thanks a lot for the testing, and the logs. It was a bit of a rabbit
hole, but I eventually found the root cause and I've committed a fix
to 0.12 and trunk: https://hg.prosody.im/trunk/rev/0598d822614f

The fix will be in the next prosody-0.12 nightly build (due in 6 hours
or so) or you can try manually downloading and applying the patch from
the above link if you want to try it sooner.

Regards,
Matthew