Hi,

I also got spam mails from "EDA Tools Cafe News" since last week!

Wolfgang Geier

JUMPtec AG
PPC Embedded Components
Brunnwiesenstrasse 16
D-94469 Deggendorf
Tel +49 (0) 991 37024 601
Fax +49 (0) 991 37024 104

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
27.08.2001 10:00
Please respond to "Protel EDA Forum"

        To:     "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [PEDA] Spam trawlers in this group

Hi,

there seems to be a coincidence in receiving spam (with PEDA as subject
!!)
and posting to this group. After I sent some posts during the last
fortnight, I received about half a dozen of spam mails, half of them from
.au servers, the rest from elsewhere. Someone seems to collect addresses
for advertising. One example, where one might argue if it's spamming or
not, is the "EDA Tools Cafe News" I received twice since last week. I did
not ask for it, nor am I interested in all the US job offers it contains,
nor in the weak rest of it. So I count this under spamming also.

Quote of Mr. Abd ulRahman:
>They (Techserv) do offer advertising to the list -- no one has
>purchased it, it was pretty expensive last time I checked; but such mail
>would come as a normal post to the list.)

Hopefully they stick to their steep prices, as I would think it as really
annoying if we also would receive "authorized" spamming in the future.

Regards,

Gisbert Auge
N.A.T. GmbH

*                      - or email -