Dave,

If you place the library siov.lib in the <protel>\lib\sim\ecos  (you must
create the ecos directory) then you will be able to use the siov component
wih the part name specified as "S20K275" (as on sch)  or whichever component
you want.  The gotcha here is that I tried to make the simulation work, but
there are differences in PSICE, and SPICE3 or whatever PROTEL SPICE engine
is used.  At least this will get the spice simulation code into PROTEL for
you.  You will have to keep modifying siov.lib until it works.

FYI: the steps involved are:
1 create the sch symbol
2 update the readonly/library lines in the description
line 1: type  subckt(x)   **everything I have done so far is a subckt
line 2: model  <modelname> this is the name of the part in your library.
There must be a corresponding:  .SUBCKT <modelname> xxx   in your library
file.
line 3: file lists the library file name.
line 4:  maps the pins on the sch symbol to the .subckt line in the sim file
example:  opamp using pins 2,3,4,6,7  as in- in+ v- out v+ correspondingly
might be pins=1:[3,2,7,4,6]   and the sim file would have the .subckt line
in the order: in+ in- v+ v- out
line 5: takes line 4 and sends it to the sim file with the number of pins
wanted by the sim file
as far as I can tell, the %1 references the first pin in line4 ...

I always use a boilerplate from a working sym symbol.

If you are able to make the conversion work, please send me the working
version as I want to learn more about how to convert libraries.  This is the
first one I haven't been able to make work.

Best of luck,
Mike