This probably strays from your query, but from memory, there was a buglett
(I'm not sure if it's been fixed) in that where you define the default
primitives in the schematic editor for schematic parts, one of the
PartFields was incorrectly mapped to another.  Therefore, there was one
part field you could not define, and another that appeared twice.  What I
do now at the end of a design is to do a global change to all schematic
parts and replace all part fields matched by: * with attributes: {*=}.

"...The weirdest thing however is that when I place the part, delete it
and
then place it again all behaves as expected: non-hidden, blank fields.
Every subsequently placed instance of that part (wether left-click or with

a new place command) is then OK, even when rotated..."

.... this mysterious behaviour may have to do with how Protel caches
placed library parts.  Once you place a part in the schematic editor, it
is cached in memory somewhere (escapes me as to where exactly at the mo).
Even when you place a part supposedly from the library, it adopts the
cached part.  This is overridden with the "update cached parts" function.

I've also experienced Michael's situation once where an entire databse
file etc vanished.  This occured when Protel crashed and gave the option
to "ignore and continue" or "close".  This one time I chose to close and
it then kindly offered to save my work that had changed.  The mistake in
this case is to select "save" (and destroy).

HTH
Brendon.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
09/18/03 02:00 AM
Please respond to
"Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc

Subject
Re: [PEDA] P99SE has Altzheimers' ?

I have noticed (and I have only been using 99 SE for a few months) that it
does indeed have Altzheimer's.  I have had the program completely erase my
entire database (admittedly it wasn't large) including the backups.

I recently had a harddrive crash and had to reinstall Windows and Protel.
Since then it has been MUCH better behaved.

Michael Badillo