From: "John A. Ross [Design]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 7:05 AM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Recommendations please! -- DXP2004 - PADS - Expedition

Leon

Pulsonix does not support these bi-directionally.

As such would only suit companies who handle their own designs on the
same platform which negates the importers benefit if you need to supply
the deign back in its native format.

I was interested in the Pulsonix demo but never got time to run it, the
chip utilities were of interest as they seemed to be better priced than
the BGA option for Pads but. Protel seems to be standing still with
respect to developing layout tools into this area (BGA,COB...) and
additional importer support, but Protels Capture tools have came on very
well indeed.

As has been discovered by Joe, the Pads importer in DXP2004 does not
work 100%, but the PCAD one seems to be OK and I am at a loss really to
see why the import format to Protel needs to be < V3.5 format in the
first place but that's what we have.

Same old story, one tool never fits all :-)

John

GM1BSG