You are facing a learning curve when you move to DXP or to 2004 (the magnitude of the learning curve is in dispute, but everyone except Altium agrees that it is there). Why waste your time learning an orphaned product? You get 2004 for free if you bought or downgraded to DXP. If you have not received your copy yet, get on Altium's case and have them ship it to you. It you are going to spend the time learning something new, wasting it on learning an orphaned version of Protel is not very smart.

Hamid

Steve Wiseman wrote:

I've got a project coming up which I'd like to run through DXP as a learning project, since it's not too urgent. While I do have a huge archive of DXP emails from [EMAIL PROTECTED], which I could no doubt work my way through, are there any other resources out there to help the transition? Altium seem to have completely disowned DXP on their website - is 2004 the same thing?
I guess what I'm really hoping for is a list of really obvious things that I'll otherwise have to learn the hard way...

Thanks for any hints, pointers, warnings, whatever :)

Steve