Hi all,

It's time for me to request equipment & software for next years budget and I still
don't have a warm & fuzzy feeling about Protel 2004.  Has SP1 improved the Situs
autorouter?  Are the other improvements worth the $3500 USD?  I have seen a few of you
say that once you had upgraded you would never go back.  Is it really that much better
or are the systems so incompatible that once 2004 is learned it would be tough to go
back and do it the 99SE way, much less admit that the money was poorly spent?  We only
design about 10 boards a year and I am having a real problem justifying the cost of
upgrading from 99SE SP6 to myself much less my boss.

My regards,
Steve Smith, C.I.D.
Product Engineer

Staco Energy Products Co.