2004 has a completly different user interface and if you dont mind
spending time some time every day looking through the knowledge
base and asking questions on the forum, then go for it.
I have recently upgraded
but have spent lots of time just trying to figure out the interface and ways to
do simple tasks
in 99SE which seemed way too complicated in 2004. However it seems the promises
of 99SE
such as simulation, routing and signal integrity tools actually might work in
2004.
But it still has cut and paste array renumbering problems (sch renumbers the
array a certain way whilst pcb has a different renumbering sequence!) and poor
support for differential routing.
The array renumbering problems are a big issue for the types of boards I do and
its enough for me to
use both programs for design, but I find myself mostly using P99SE due to its
easy to use and fast.

Clive

Rene Tschaggelar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 09/14/2004 08:02:13 AM